Saturday, May 21, 2016

Nightstand Inspiration & Progress

Hello all! I'm back home for the summer and so excited to redecorate my room at home. I'm trying not to buy anything new, and instead use everything I already have. For some reason I can't stop looking at pictures of nightstands on Pintrest lately so I'm going to share with you the pictures I've drawn inspiration from along with the progress I've made with my nightstand so far. I still need to hang some stuff on the wall above mine so let me know if you have any ideas for me, I'm thinking my monogram along with something else.

The Everygirl Cofounders' Chicago Home and Office Tour #theeverygirl:

The Everygirl Cofounders' Chicago Home and Office Tour #theeverygirl | Princeton Desk Lamp by Schoolhouse Electric:

Layering Different Styles of Artwork - nightstand vignette - Cuckoo4Design:

beautiful, feminine bedroom. loving the mirrored side tables:

Flowers will brighten up any bedside table.:

Source 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

After hours exploring on Pinetrest, I realized some nightstand essentials seem to include a lamp (obviously), books, picture frames, art, and some random objects. I especially love the look of layered picture frames, book stacking, and keeping a similar color scheme. I used things I already had in my room to create my version of a layered nightstand drawing inspiration from the photos above! Follow my Pinterest Board for more inspiration!






I'm thinking of spray painting my lamp gold, but I'm not sure if that'll be too much gold, what do you think? I've collected a few coffee table books lately, but I obviously don't have my own coffee table yet so I figured they'd be perfect for my nightstand. I love the layered look of the frames along with the quote stacked on top of the books. It gives a great flow and rhythm, and I also like how overall my nightstand is asymmetric but the frames are symmetirc. I also love this floral ring around a glass jar I keep all my koozies in. A coaster is essential for keeping water next to my bed and I love that this one incorporates the gold of the frame and quote. The whale dish is super cute and a great place to throw jewelry I forgot to take off before bed. Let me know if you have any ideas for any changes I should make to my nightstand because after all it's still a work in progress! 

Thanks for Reading!
For Blog Updates & More:

Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!

4 comments :

  1. LOVE this inspo! SO simple, chic, and classic!

    Rachel / www.seashellsandsparkles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I bet you have the prettiest Pinterest! What's your pinterest page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been loving Pinterest lately >> https://www.pinterest.com/samchmiel/

      Delete