Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The College Guide: Campus Essentials

I've decided to start another series on my blog called "The College Guide." After completing my freshman year I'd like to think I learned some things and have some advice/tips to share. Today I'm sharing with you what I consider my necessitates whether I'm walking around campus, going to class, going to a meal, or going to hang out with my friends! Here's some of my essentials: 

class necessities
links for each item are provided


Agenda: 
I think this one is a bit obvious. You need to keep track of every thing from homework, to clubs, to your work schedule because college can get really hectic at times and overwhelming. Simply writing down things can help you stay organized and less stressed! 

Lilly Pulitzer Tusk in the Sun | BAN.DO FLORABUNDA 
Kate Spade Gold Dots | Lilly Pulitzer Right Return

 Case & Makeup Bag: 
I never really used a pencil case in high school but I found myself using one in college. I tried to be more organized and this definitely helped. Besides who wants a pen exploding onto their laptop? I personally don't bring a makeup bag around campus with me but if you are someone who likes to fix your makeup during the day this'll be good to have. Again, you don't need makeup exploding all over your laptop. 

Vera Bradley On a Roll Case Cotton On Two Tone Pencil Case
Forever 21 Oh, Hey Makeup Pouch | TOPSHOP Holographic Make-Up bag

Tote & Backpack:
This is definitely a personal preference. If you don't have a lot to carry around, especially if you don't carry around your laptop around campus, than a bag may be your choice. I like using a backpack, I find it more convenient and easier to not have one of my arms being weighed down or my bag swaying back and forth almost hitting people I walk by. However, I do wish my backpack had a laptop sleeve to keep it protected.

Madewell 'The Transport' Leather Tote | Longchamp Le Pliage Medium Shoulder Tote
THE NORTH FACE Jester backpack | Herschel Supply Co. 'Settlement Mid Volume' Backpack

Laptop Sleeve/Case:
It's important to keep your laptop safe and protected so I think this is a huge essential, something I really need to invest in. If you have a backpack with a spot made for laptops this isn't necessarily something you need to buy. When buying, make sure the sleeve/case will be big enough!

tie dye no longer availableKate Spade New York Renny Laptop Sleeve


ID Holder:
College IDs are one of the most important things to always have with you so having an ID case is an easy way to make sure you always have it with you and have it ready to go when needed. You'll most likely need to have it to get into your building and for meal swipes. 

Vera Bradley Zip-Around ID Case | Lilly Pulitzer ID Smartphone Wristlet

Lanyard & Keychain & Key Fob:
Just like your ID, you're key will always need to be on you for obvious reasons. If you don't want to use an ID case these are great alternatives for your ID and key. Or even attach a lanyard, keychain, or key fob to your ID holder.

Vera Bradley Breakaway Lanyard | Lilly Pulitzer Key Fob 
Kate Spade Keychain (not the searhorse but equally as cute) | Rebecca Minkoff Tassel Key Fob

USB:
It's important to have a USB for all your files. You may be using a computer in class and need the file later on your laptop and this'll make it convenient. I like how this one is a keychain which makes sure you'll always have it if you carry it around with your keys. Of course you could always just email stuff to yourself too.

Marc by Marc Jacobs USB stick key fob (similar)

Water Bottle & Thermal Mug:
You're going to want to stay hydrated and this is the perfect way to do so. Also keeping a drink on you will prevent you from having to spend money on drinks when you get thirsty or having to get up during class to grab a drink from a water fountain. Bringing your own coffee or tea to class can save you money while waking you up in the morning. 

CamelBak | Kate Spade Water Bottle
Lilly Pulitzer Thermal Mug (more available during colder weather) | BAN.DO Thermal Travel Mug

External Battery:
If you have back to back classes or are super busy, you probably won't have time to charge your phone so this will be more convenient for you. Besides, having a dead phone will be very boring walking between classes. 

External Battery 


Thanks for Reading!
Let me know what your college essentials are or any other college posts you'd like to see!

Check out & follow all my social media accounts:

No comments :

Post a Comment