Saturday, February 4, 2017

Junior Year Dorm Decor

Welcome to my junior year dorm! I spent the first semester of my junior year in Italy, so I recently moved into this room. I was so excited to decorate this year after living in such a basic and boring room in Italy.

If I had to describe my room in 3 words it would be cheerful, playful, and colorful. I wouldn't say there is any theme to my room specifically; I more so just buy what I like and hope it looks good together. I love living in a bright room with things all around me that inspire me and remind me of home. This year I incorporated a lot of things from my travels last semester, which you'll see throughout the photos. 



I always wanted white bedding and I finally decided to buy it this year. I'm slightly embarrassed to say I got my bedding in the children's section of Target, but I couldn't leave the store without it (especially because it was on sale).

I wasn't excited when I found out my room had this weird ledge above my bed, but I've learned to love it. 


I love throw pillows so so so much. I love the playful pom poms on the mermaid pillow from Lilly Pulitzer and the metallic touch in the gold polka dot pillow from Hobby Lobby. I added texture through the fluffy white one from Marshall's. How cute is this Build-A-Bear my boyfriend got me for Christmas? I had to include it in the pictures. 

Although you can't really see the prints on the wall, they are also from Marshall's. They tie in the gold from my pillow to the wall. Although you can't see them clearly, one is a gold foil pineapple and the other is a gold foil Eiffel Tower with the quote "Pairs is always a good idea," which I couldn't agree more with. 


I wasn't sure how I was going to decorate this odd area, but decided my monogram would fit perfectly on the wall. I'm not entirely sure where this monogram is from because I got it for Christmas a few years back. I love that is hung up with ribbon, rather than just command strips on the back. 


I'm obsessed with the glass frame I bought from Venice, Italy. It's so colorful and reminds me of one of my favorite places I've been to. I also decided to include the picture frame with a picture of my family. The small tray is perfect if I forget to take my jewelry off before bed. The lamp is surprisingly from Walmart, but spray painted gold to match the other pops of gold throughout my room. I also have all my koozies in a glass jar with a flower ring around it. I love how colorful this part of my room is and how it reminds me of my travels and home. 


One of my favorite areas of my room is my desk! I finally have enough storage so I don't have to keep my makeup on my desk (a blog post all about my toiletry organization will be coming soon). I love the look of sunglasses and pencils in mason jars. I love having plants around me so  I decided to have a small succulent on my desk, hopefully I manage to keep it alive. 


Here's a closer look at the gallery wall above my desk, my favorite part of my room. I mixed photos from my travels and my friends with random things such as starfish, animal heads, and frames. The pink reindeer head is from Marshall's and is one of my favorite things in my room. I made the picture frames myself, check out the DIY for them here. I love the look of the gold tape on the corners of the photos. The majority of the quotes are actually cards that I picked up from Marshall's. The other cards (such as the flamingo) I picked up from one of my favorite stores in Europe called Flying Tiger. I picked up the starfish from a small gift shop while on vacation in New Jersey. The gold spikey thing is from Hobby Lobby and the small reindeer head is from Urban Outfitters. The gold "S" is also from Hobby Lobby. 



Lastly, here is how I organize my jewelry! I love the cork board with hooks from Target, it's the perfect way to display necklaces. I also have theses acrylic jewelry organizers from Marshall's and Homegoods. I also use these small trays to hold my small jewelry such as rings and earrings. 


....and there you have it, my junior year dorm! I know this was a long post, but I had so much to say. If you made it through the entire post, congratulations!! Sorry for not linking the majority of items, but if you have any other questions on where things are from leave me a comment down below!


For Blog Updates & More:


Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!

No comments :

Post a Comment