Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dorm Desk Decor

Long time, no post...but what can I say, I'm a busy gal (and a lazy one). I've been feeling really inspired to get back into blogging lately, but let's see if I can actually commit to it this time. With the sun going down earlier and interning 3 days a week, there's only so much sunlight for me to work with, but I'm hoping to share some new content soon.


I've been dying to share my desk decor because it's the one part of my room I truly love. But truth behold, I never sit down to do homework at my desk, or really anything for that matter. I've shared glimpses of my desk over on my Instagram, but I finally put the finishing touches together. TBH I thought it was ready to be shared months ago, but then I stepped into Anthropologie recently and let's just say I bought more stuff that I didn't need. I think it's safe to call me the knickknack queen. I mean seriously, how many jewelry trays and candles does one person really need?! I'll post shoppable widgets throughout with the items that I have and other items on my wishlist!





Is my desk cluttered? Yeah you could probably say that, but I truly love how my desk came together. I focused on gold and greenery this year, with pops of millennial pink. I originally wrote that I used mainly items that I already had...but who am I kidding, I have a major shopping problem and the majority of stuff is new. Anthropologie is currently my go to place for decor. Lucky for all of you, everything is currently 30% off!








Last year, I did a gallery wall(ish) thing above my desk, but this year I wanted to keep it simple. I started with the gold star calendar I bought from Target over the summer. 
I purchased the greeting cards in the sale section at Anthropologie and thought they would look perfect around the calendar. Went I went in Anthropologie recently, I couldn't leave without these adorable floral initials that are actually ornaments. I originally only bought the S but then decided, I needed the C as well. These really gave my desk the finishing touch... that I didn't know I needed. 



I bought this palm leaf (I think that's what is is?!) from Hobby Lobby. But truth betold, it took me forever to find a vase to put it in. I almost settled on a vase on multiple occasions, but I'm so glad I didn't. The vase I ended up buying is from T.J. Maxx and really brought in the millennial pink into the space. 
I bought the gold storage unit from Marshall's and the note books inside are also from T.J. Maxx. The fake flowers are from Marshall's as well (shocker). Have you noticed the trend yet about where I love shopping?! The candles are both from Anthropologie. I used to never understand why people would spend so much on candles, but then I fell into the trap...RIP to my bank account. I purchased the whale jewelry tray while on vacation in New Jersey and the other tray was a gift so I'm not entirely sure where it is from, Francesca's maybe? 

capri blue volcano candle


Here's some close up pictures of the middle of my desk (so close up that you even get to see my dust :-)) Both candles are from Anthropologie. I truly don't think I'll ever be able to live my life without a volcano candle again. Buying it was probably the best and worst thing I could have done to myself. Best because it smells so good and looks even better (I'll probably keep the jar forever). Worst because now I'll have to repurchase it every time I use it up and my wallet isn't happy about the price (30% off right now!!!). TBH the other candle really doesn't smell all that great and isn't that strong, BUT it was too cute not to buy. I'm truly shocked this plant hasn't died yet because I always forget to water it. The pot from T.J. Maxx isn't anything special, but it gets the job done. 





The right side of my desk is definitely my favorite. The necklace holder I believe is from Home Goods (but don't quote me on that). The fake plant from Marsahll's adds the perfect earthy touch to this side of my desk. The "she believed she could so she did" quote thing is also from Marshall's. This is my absolute favorite quote so when I saw it, I knew I needed it. I truly have no idea where the sea shell tray is from. Lastly, the pineapple tray is from Anthropologie. Although it's sold out online, I saw it in stores lately! My friend actually got it for me for my birthday and I absolutely love it. 
CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the end of this post. If one thing is for certain it is that I need to stop shopping at Anthropologie and Marshall's / T.J. Maxx. But what can I say, they really have the best home decor. My desk probably seems cluttered to the average person, but I love it so YOLO. 

For Blog Updates & More:

Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!

1 comment :

  1. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit.
    door handles kitchen

    ReplyDelete