Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Goals and Resolutions

Untitled #178


After reading tons of articles, blog posts, and watching videos about other peoples resolutions, I've decided to put together my own list. Hopefully it'll help me remember my goals and resolutions by writing them down and overall help me to have a better year. I love that the beginning of the year is always a fresh start; after 2015 I could really use one. I have so much to look forward to in 2016 and can't wait to see where all 366 days will take me.

1. Talk less and listen more. I'm not going to lie this is something I really do need to work on. I'm always thinking about what I'm going to say next rather than completely listening. Hopefully by listenting more I will learn more and create stronger relationships. 

2. Be more consistent. This one relates to many different aspects of my life. I want to blog more consistntly, focus on my school work more consistenetly, worry consistently less, and consistently  focus on my future. Although this one seems pretty broad, it's an important one for me. 

3. Spend less time on my phone. I'm literally the girl thats constantly on her phone, and it's time to change that. I need to focus more on the moments in life that are happening and less on what's happening elsewhere. I need to create stronger relationships in person, rather than over text.

4. Focus on my happiness. I believe your 20s are the years to be selfish and I need to start putting my happiness first. This includes discovering what exactly makes me the happiest and once I figure that out I need to foucs on it more. 

5. Get to know people. I'm pretty bad at getting to know new people honestly. I stick to the friends I've had my entire life and don't allow myself to get to know new people. I don't take the time it takes to get to know people and allow myself to get comfortable around them, but rather shut them out. There's so much to learn from new people and so many memories to be made, therefore this is another huge goal of mine. 

6. Travel and Experience More. I tend to not take every oppurtunity for new experiences due to fear and the unknown so this is something I also want to work on. I want to see the world and experience everything I possibly can. I want to see and try new things. This world has so much to offer and I want to take advantage of everything in it. 

7. Worry less about what other people think of me. This is probably one of the biggest things I struggle with and in 2016 I need to get over it. People will always have their thoughts on others, but who really cares? (me apparently) Will it really matter what someone thought of my outfit a year from now? No probably not, so it's time I start worrying less. Most people are worrying more about what others are thinking about them, rather than actually thinking negatively about other people, and I need to start remembering this.

8. Be more thankful. I have so many amazing things and people in my life and it's time I start acting like it. Rather than focusing on what I don't have and what could be better, I need to be thankful for what I do have. 

Overall 2016 is going to be a year of focusing on myself & my happiness and creating new relationships & memories. I want to see the world and experience everything it has to offer and completely be in the moment. What are your goals & resolutions for 2016? 

Thanks for Reading!
For Blog Updates & More:
Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!

No comments :

Post a Comment