Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

I'm so thankful for all those who have risked their lives in order to protect our freedom, "home of the free because of the brave." I hope everyone had a relaxing Memorial Day Weekend spent with loved ones and friends! 

Memorial Day Weekend is usually my official kick off to summer, despite what the calendar may say. As a kid, I always attended the Memorial Day Parade in my town and then went in my pool for the first time for the summer. As I've gotten older, I tend to work on Memorial Day and the past few years the weather hasn't exactly cooperated. Memorial Day this year felt more like one of the first days of spring and was raining on and off throughout the day so swimming wasn't on my itinerary for the day.





My family had a small family get together at my house on Sunday and my dog was wearing the cutest patriotic bandanna, so I obviously had to get a couple pictures.




My mom always decorates our porch so well for the holidays. I loved all the American Flag details this Memorial Day Weekend. How cute is the gingham accent on the coffee table?! 


I absolutely love relaxing on my porch during the spring and summer months. My mom probably doesn't approve of my feet up on the furniture, but hey what can you do. 


On Monday I had to work, but couldn't resist getting a photo with my dog later in the day. I seriously can't get over how cute she looks in her bandanna. 

Although I don't necessarily follow the rule of no white after Labor Day, I'm happy it's finally Memorial Day so it's more socially acceptable to wear white jeans. I can't wait to wear these jeans all summer long. I usually struggle with finding jeans that fit me well, but American Eagle has been my go to for the past few years. I bought this navy and white pullover a couple years ago on sale from Vineyard Vines, which I thought was perfect for Memorial Day. As I mentioned before, my Jack Rogers are my go to sandal for the summer! I actually made their Instagram story on Memorial Day!!! They reposted my photo featuring my sandals and my porch, which was posted on my Instagram! My monogram necklace is one of my go to necklaces and surprisingly enough, I bought it off Amazon. I've had it for nearly 3 years and it's holding up perfectly with no signs of wear, so I would definitely recommend checking it out!

For Blog Updates & More:

Follow me on Bloglovin' by clicking the button below!

No comments :

Post a Comment