Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Prep for Less: Places to Shop --> Clothing

Welcome back to my series "Prep for Less," for this post I'm going to be focusing on where you can get clothing similar to J. Crew for a fraction of the price, but not necessarily sacrificing on quality. Of course there is also outlet and factory stores but that'll come in another post! Let's get started!


1. Gap: Gap is my go to when I need good quality basics but don't want to spend a ton of money. Gap is constantly having sales, so you'll never have to spend a ton of money again. Their sale section always offers great deals on still stylish items, I was able to find pants before for under $15! My favorite things to buy are sweaters, t shirts, tanks, and jackets. Here's some side by side comparisons of J. Crew vs. Gap

2. Old Navy: I've just recently started shopping here but I do think there are many items similar to J. Crew especially when it comes to bottoms. Old Navy is always offering great deals and sale prices. Old Navy offers pixie pants, shorts, graphic tees, and jackets similar to J. Crew. Here's some Old Navy examples: 


3. Marshall's | TJ. Maxx: The thing is with these stores, you can't go in looking for anything specific. You have to keep an open mind, but with that you can find some really great things and even some great brands for a lot less than if found in their retail stores. I've been able to find a lot of Ralph Lauren sweaters and tees and every once and a while Kate Spade. I always like checking the teen section first for clothes then the women's. 

4. Forever 21: Forever 21 is a great place for trendy pieces, however, they really lack on quality. Since they lack on quality, I would steer away from buying basics, because since basics are worn all the time quality is important. Forever 21 is better for statement jewelry, I'll talk more about that in my next "Prep for Less" post!

Thanks for Reading! 
Let me know what your top stores are for saving money on prep!

Thanks for reading! Check out all my social media accounts:
tumblr: little-miss-american.tumblr.com
instagram: https://instagram.com/sam_chmiel/
vsco: http://samchmiel.vsco.co/grid/1

No comments :

Post a Comment